John Jeffrey

A Bo'ness Councillor, and auctioneer, who ran the 400-seat Electric Theatre, adjoining the Clydesdale Hotel from 1910 till around 1915. Had plans to expand the building to a 1000-seat cinema in early 1914, but the plans seem to have been abandoned, possibly due to the outbreak of war. Competed with Dickson's Hippodrome, and introduced Sunday screenings in 1911.

Source: Bo'ness Journal

Topics

Bo'ness