William Walker

Bookseller, lanternist, cinematographer and travelling exhibitor. Based in Aberdeen he took lantern shows around the neighbouring towns and from 1896 showed and produced films to accompany his tours. Following a private show at Balmoral in 1898, he became 'Walker's Royal Cinematograph'. Toured extensively, including shows in Glasgow and the 'central belt', but his business declined as cinema moved into fixed sites, and eventually managed the Empire Cinema for H.E. Moss in Newcastle.

Source: NLS Moving Picture Archive biography (Eamonn Butler): http://movingimage.nls.uk/biography/10033