Picture House, Campbeltown

Name(s)Picture House
TownCampbeltown
Address26, Hall Street
Year Opened1913
Buildingpurpose-built
Capacity1000
TypeFilm only
InfoOne of the oldest surviving cinemas in Scotland. Designed by A.V. Gardner, who also designed the Grosvenor and the Kelvin in the West End of Glasgow. Gardner was also responsible for the 1930s refurbishment in \'atmospheric\' style.
Linkhttp://www.scottishcinemas.org.uk/scotland/campbeltown.html
SourceBio 06.03.13, The Bioscope 23.10.13, Bioscope Annual 1915, http://www.weepictures.co.uk/history.php

Topics

Cinema in small towns
Campbeltown

People

Fred Randall Burnette
A.V. Gardner

Trade Press Articles

Away up North

Cinema Adverts

Cinema Advert [266]
Cinema Advert [498]

Company

Picture House, Campbeltown (Ltd)