|Info||Despite the name, this is a concert hall rather than a vaudeville house. Assembly rooms built 1920, Music Hall added in 1858.
After hosting Aberdeen\'s first public film show in 1896 (by Walker & Co), the Music Hall continued to serve as a venue for travelling exhibitors and semi-permanent outfits, usually for a more exclusive audience. After the introduction of the Cinematograph Films Act, a fireproof projection box was installed. Over the years it was used by Walker\'s, Pringle\'s, the BB Pictures, and Dove Paterson.
In 1910, the hall had a triple license (music, dancing and cinematograph) and could be hired for £10 10s a night.
Canmore link: http://canmore.rcahms.gov.uk/en/site/20090/|