Drill Hall / Picture Palace, Bo'ness

Name(s)Drill Hall / Picture Palace
TownBo'ness
AddressCorbiehall
Year Opened1895
Buildinghall
Capacity
Typeoccasional
InfoBuilt before 1895, this long and narrow drill hall was the base for the \"B\" Company, 10th [Cyclist] Battalion, Royal Scots. The first film show in Bo\'ness took place here on 27 December, 1897. In September 1909, Louis D Dickson took up residence in the Drill Hall and renamed it the Picture Palace, but it continued to be used for other community functions. This made it difficult to operate so it stopped being used as a cinema after the opening of the Hippodrome in 1912.
Link
SourceBo\'ness Journal