Charing Cross Electric Theatre, Glasgow

Name(s)Charing Cross Electric Theatre
TownGlasgow
Address508, Sauchiehall Street
Year Opened1910
Buildingpurpose-built
Capacity454
TypeFilm only
InfoThe first purpose-built cinema in Glasgow, the Charing Cross Electric Theatre was opened in May 1910 by West of Scotland Electric Theatres, behind an existing warehouse facade. In connection with the Scottish National Exhibition that took place in Kelvingrove Park throughout the summer of 1911, this cinema arranged for topical films of the exhibition to be shown on the same evening.
Linkhttp://www.scottishcinemas.org.uk/glasgow/charingx.html
SourceEnt 11/13, The Bioscope 19.05.10, The Bioscope 09.02.11, The Bioscope 06.06.12, The Bioscope 28.05.14